Translate

sbartist : painting in the dark Headline Animator

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Spending today creating with Nathalie Kalbach...

As a new month begins and I embark on a new chapter of my creative adventure...I am cleansing my palette by taking some classes. I believe as an artist, it is an evolution and a product of one's experiences and lifelong learning. 

I love to learn and try other styles by other artists. This weekend I have the chance! Nathalie Kalbach is coming to the Sunshine state...YAY!!! I have been waiting for months for these classes. So I'm putting the top down on the MINI Cooper and taking a much needed creative road trip to Everything Scrapbook in Lake Worth, FL.

I'm so excited to learn some fun new stuff from one of my new creative friends who I have been following all year since her Creative Jump Start back at the beginning of 2012. 

Here is what I'll be doing...

First class...


I figure a new adventure deserves something TOTALLY out of the box for me - a self-portrait. Nathalie has been teaching this class all over the globe and has shared some works from her students on her blog. I haven't done a self-portrait since AP Portfolio class in high school so I'm looking forward to making a mixed-media masterpiece.

Then the Second class...


This class I could not resist! I am a BOOK NUT. I have been doing altered books for years and love it. This has sort of taken a backseat to all of the other creative stuff I've been doing lately. Many moons ago I took two altered book classes taught by Bev Brazelton, author of "Altered Books Workshop"... what I consider to be my altered books encyclopedia. This will be a fun re-introduction to working in my books again.

I've packed my toolkit, supplies, excitement and some snacks - and I'm off. I will share all about it later in the week. 

Have a creative day! Sb :)

1 comment:

throwing some paint at me...

"Art must be indescribable and inimitable..." – Pierre Auguste Renoir

Please Observe the Fine Print...

All Photos & Designs displayed on this blog are copyright ©2007-2018 Susan M. Brown/sbartist or the artist or company credited in the post. Please do not use images or designs without written permission...message all requests to sbartist1107 at yahoo {dot} com. Thank You & Think GREEN : )