Translate

sbartist : painting in the dark Headline Animator

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Happy WORDS of Wisdom for #ICAD2014 Day 7 - Yellow



For today's prompt I wanted to try a little experiment with stamping with rubber hose gaskets I found at the hardware store {a real ACE hardware next door to the butcher - yep a real old-timey butcher}. I placed them onto my acrylic block in a pattern then applied glue stick instead of ink to make a resist with the glue stick.

  

I've darkened the image here so you can see the glue stick stamped impression of the gasket pattern. I reapplied and stamped 4 or five times to fill the entire card background. The glue stick gives a real distressed and painted feel creating imperfect stamped circles.

  

I applied Mustard Seed Ranger Distress Stain on my craft sheet, misted with a bit of water, then swiped my index card into the color. I swiped repeatedly to mop up all of the color. I let set for a few minutes and misted a bit of water on the card, then blotted glue off with a paper towel revealing the contrasting white of the card. A fabulous result! I could have left the card finished just like this - but I wanted to add a quote.

   

I wanted to add some shimmery rays so I sprayed some golden yellow mist through this mask. The result is subtle and is not really showing in the scan, but the cleanup from the leftover spray on the mask resulted in a great start for another card... you just gotta love it when cleaning up creates arty stuff!



I added this quote and some doodling using a contrasting Moonstone Yellow Bic Mark•It® marker and added a little shimmer with my Sakura of America Gelly Roll® Stardust® Hologram pen. This little bit of Cre8time I'm stealing away each day for this challenge is fun and totally following my wisdom on this card! :) Sb

+ + + + + + +

You can play along too - visit ICAD for all the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

throwing some paint at me...

"Art must be indescribable and inimitable..." – Pierre Auguste Renoir

Please Observe the Fine Print...

All Photos & Designs displayed on this blog are copyright ©2007-2018 Susan M. Brown/sbartist or the artist or company credited in the post. Please do not use images or designs without written permission...message all requests to sbartist1107 at yahoo {dot} com. Thank You & Think GREEN : )