Translate

sbartist : painting in the dark Headline Animator

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Everything is Royal in PAISLEY for #ICAD2014 Day 12



For the day 12 prompt I knew I had to use these unmounted paisley stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps! For this card I wanted to play around with some embossing powder.

Since I made a clock out of my glitter tray {it was never used anyway} – I grabbed my baggie full of embossing powders with paper plate pouring trays. In there I have these two handmade stamps I had created carved from recycled foam vegetable trays and they go nicely with the paisley stamps.



I started by selecting one of my painted cards leftover from day 5 "galaxy".

 

Using Globecraft and Piccolo Enamel and Embossing Powder Adhesive {which comes in a nice dauber top bottle} I applied the clear "INK" to the stamps and pressed onto my background. If you be careful about where you are placing the images and your fingers, you can stamp then apply embossing powder, then continue stamping and powdering until the background is filled – then at the end heat set the embossing powder in one fell swoop. This is what I try to do so the embossing powder doesn't get overcooked in areas.

  

Due to my messy way of storing my embossing powders my white and gold had each spilled out and got mixed up in the protective baggie I had them in. There was more than enough to use for a project and this is the perfect project to not let that crafty goodness go to waste. It looked like the perfect combination of salt and pepper.

  

I stamped the larger handmade flourishes first, then filled in with the smaller stamps. When filled I added a few hand doodled details using a Versamark marker {this is the clear ink in a pen form}. I like the results of this but the lines came out a lot thicker than I really wanted. I have a fine line detail applicator that I'm going to fill with some of the embossing liquid and give this a try again on another project. To fill in a couple leftover areas I used my tiny arrow recycle heart from Viva Las VegaStamps!; one of four stamps I've illustrated that have been immortalized in rubber at VLVS!



Here's a detail of the magic happening... on left the raw embossing powder and on the right – all it's melted golden glory! The white bits add a nice texture to the gold, but really is lost into the gold. I love those happy accidents!


I totally love how this one came out... paisley and all.
It's so regal with the purple and gold! :) Sb

+ + + + + + +

You can play along too - visit ICAD for all the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

throwing some paint at me...

"Art must be indescribable and inimitable..." – Pierre Auguste Renoir

Please Observe the Fine Print...

All Photos & Designs displayed on this blog are copyright ©2007-2018 Susan M. Brown/sbartist or the artist or company credited in the post. Please do not use images or designs without written permission...message all requests to sbartist1107 at yahoo {dot} com. Thank You & Think GREEN : )