Translate

sbartist : painting in the dark Headline Animator

Thursday, June 5, 2014

LOST in SPACE for #ICAD2014 Day 5 - Galaxy


Hello again! I'm playing with my somewhat small mis-matched collection of spray mists for the day 5 prompt of ICAD2014 – GALAXY. The photo above is how I clean my sprayers after use. I prop them all upside-down in a small container with warm water to keep them from clogging. I have to say my favorite colors are the handful of Ditto misters I picked up on clearance one day at the craft store.


I brought out my makeshift spray cloth {a recycled dry cleaning bag} to cover my white counter tops so that I may commence spraying. I misted the front and back of my index card with water first to minimize warping as I add colors.

  

I added a couple sprays of purple, royal blue, teal, pink and denim blue mists to create outer space... super fast and EASY. I did not mop up the colors off the plastic.


Then using Picket Fence Ranger Distress Stain with an old stiff paintbrush I flicked layers of white "STARS" onto my galaxy scene. This required a couple of passes as the whole background was drying – as the white would soak in to the other colors. This was OK because it added to the depth and realistic look.


Here's my finished background before any embellishing.

  

Now what to do with all this PRECIOUS misted goodness!!?


Pick up the paint on all these papers. Nothing goest to waste here! I started with four {4} more index cards and still had quite a lot of ink left. So I went and got some larger sections of paper {that are approx. 8" x 12"}. This did the trick and I have these new background papers ready to go. 


I have the perfect stamp to embellish this card to make it complete... this terrier in space from Viva Las VegaStamps! stamped with Black StazOn ink on gloss cardstock rubbed with Brushed Pewter Ranger Distress Stains. I fussy cut the space dog out and then hand-doodled in the type and a cord to keep my pooch from floating away. This one is so fun! :) Sb

+ + + + + + +

You can play along too - visit ICAD for all the details!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous background! Can't wait to see what you do with the 'soak up' papers!!

    ReplyDelete

throwing some paint at me...

"Art must be indescribable and inimitable..." – Pierre Auguste Renoir

Please Observe the Fine Print...

All Photos & Designs displayed on this blog are copyright ©2007-2018 Susan M. Brown/sbartist or the artist or company credited in the post. Please do not use images or designs without written permission...message all requests to sbartist1107 at yahoo {dot} com. Thank You & Think GREEN : )