Translate

sbartist : painting in the dark Headline Animator

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Wheel of the Pen goes Round and Round for #ICAD2014 Day 8 - MANDALA


Over the weekend I got to enjoy a much needed UN-PLUGGED weekend from my various DT blogging duties. I spent some time sleeping in, cooking and keeping up with the Index Card a Day 2014 challenge prompts. I'm so thrilled that I've been able to squeeze them in and keep up so far. I had to complete days four and six over the weekend because they required more time to make them just they way I wanted. The day 8 prompt - MANDALA, proved to be a bit of a challenge.

I had every intention of making a symmetrical design – but my mind and hand obviously had other plans. While catching up on the DVR recordings, I started off with a simple flower shape in the center and worked outward. Nothing planned or sketched out... I just went for it using a Sakura of America Pigma® Micron® Black pen and continued for about two hours until the card was filled with the resulting asymmetrical design. This had me plum tuckered out and I slept the rest of the night like a baby.

On Sunday AM after breakfast I started in on adding color with Sakura of America Gelly Roll® Stardust® pens, and Gelly Roll® Stardust® Hologram pen {my absolute favorite} for some silvery shimmer details in the white space.

The radial shape is full of motion and colored shapes resembling gems. I'm very happy how this turned out, it's sketchy look - even the imperfections. My hand is thoroughly stretched and ready for some more drawing adventures!   :) Sb

+ + + + + + +

You can play along too - visit ICAD for all the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

throwing some paint at me...

"Art must be indescribable and inimitable..." – Pierre Auguste Renoir

Please Observe the Fine Print...

All Photos & Designs displayed on this blog are copyright ©2007-2018 Susan M. Brown/sbartist or the artist or company credited in the post. Please do not use images or designs without written permission...message all requests to sbartist1107 at yahoo {dot} com. Thank You & Think GREEN : )