Translate

sbartist : painting in the dark Headline Animator

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Say CHEESE!!! #ICAD2014 Day 11 - Toy Camera


For the Index Card a Day prompt for Day 11 - Toy Camera, I started with one of my extra backgrounds created from mopping up spray mists on Day 5 "Galaxy".

  

I started with one of my coveted and never been used stencils by The Crafter's Workshop. The Rhonda Palazzari 6x6 Stencil: TCW392s Captured is perfect for this prompt. Using my Faber-Castell big white PITT pen, I traced and filled in the main body of the camera.

  

I went over this a couple of times to build up the opacity on top of the misted background. When dry, I switched to the outline of the camera and filled with black PITT pen. I also added some cross-hatching for extra detail. The mini star clusters are also in the stencil. I tried to fill with the white PITT pen, but it sort of bled under and lost all detail, so I went over with a blue PITT pen {that did the same thing because of the large nib}, then used the thin black PITT pen to trace the stars proper. I really like the pop art feel the out of register colors give so I repeated it while applying the stamps I used to fill in the background. 


Some hand lettering in the style of the fonts from the stamps and this card is complete. Stamps are from Cloud Nine Design 66042 Travel Set and Heidi Swapp Arrow Stamp/Die Set HS01136. This one is so fun and I'm enjoying trying out some of my "never been used" supplies.  :) Sb

+ + + + + + +

You can play along too - visit ICAD for all the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

throwing some paint at me...

"Art must be indescribable and inimitable..." – Pierre Auguste Renoir

Please Observe the Fine Print...

All Photos & Designs displayed on this blog are copyright ©2007-2018 Susan M. Brown/sbartist or the artist or company credited in the post. Please do not use images or designs without written permission...message all requests to sbartist1107 at yahoo {dot} com. Thank You & Think GREEN : )