Translate

sbartist : painting in the dark Headline Animator

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Peek into the Circus Tent for #ICAD2014 Day No. 2


Day 2 prompt is Circus Tent. This card began with one of the Tim Holtz Distressables Stickers; "E for Elephant." Seemed a good jumping off point so I inked the edges with ink and stuck it down. This ICAD 2014 Challenge is proving to be a great way of using up misc. leftovers and my one touch rule is in full force!



I came across this little baggie of glittered sticker letters while grabbing things to head out to work for the day. I was curious so I dumped them out and just my luck – I had every letter I needed to spell circus... EXCEPT I needed another "C".

Nothing is going to waste here!!! These letters are getting used TODAY! So I arranged the letters to check spacing and traced the one letter "C" where it would fall with black Faber-Castell PITT artist pen; then filled in with an orange PITT brush pen.


I applied some glue stick strategically inside the letter and then poured on some Dried Marigold Distress Glitter. Tapped off the excess and I have another letter "C" lickety split! I had to repeat this process to create a dot for my letter "i" too – and I'm so happy to be able to use something up that I keep picking up in the process of creating other things. There are a few glittered letters left - but I'm sure they'll go quick in the days to come!

My completed card for ICAD 2014 Day No. 2 - CIRCUS TENT


The roof of my tent are paper scraps punched with a Martha Stewart snowflake border {looks like gears} of a long since retired Daisy D's Girlfriend line. I painted in the rest of the tent stripes with Orchid Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Paint and filled in the white stripes where needed with a large white Faber-Castell PITT artist pen. The finishing touch is adding shading with my water brush and black PITT brush pen. I'm happy how it turned out – it's bright and colorful, too! :) Sb

+ + + + + + +

You can play along too - visit ICAD for all the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

throwing some paint at me...

"Art must be indescribable and inimitable..." – Pierre Auguste Renoir

Please Observe the Fine Print...

All Photos & Designs displayed on this blog are copyright ©2007-2018 Susan M. Brown/sbartist or the artist or company credited in the post. Please do not use images or designs without written permission...message all requests to sbartist1107 at yahoo {dot} com. Thank You & Think GREEN : )