Translate

sbartist : painting in the dark Headline Animator

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Here Comes the Sun for #ICAD2014 Day No. 10...
"The BEATLES"



For the day 10 prompt - "THE BEATLES", I wasn't sure where I was going to go with this. I didn't grow up in this generation, but the Beatles have influenced so many generations and music genres that I do know countless songs off the top of my head. I have about a half-dozen extra card bases started with colors in an effort of not wasting my precious spray mists and I knew the leftover from my day 7 card would be great! 

Though to be perfectly honest, it did cross my mind to do a spoof card with a bunch of creepy-crawlies... "The BEETLES" - LOL!

   

Today's background was a result of cleaning up my mask with leftover spray mists from my "YELLOW" card. This was the perfect start for the Day 10 prompt,"The Beatles."


A nice sunrise background in yellow to go along with the Beatles tune "Here Comes the Sun". Using a pencil I sketched in the exaggerated words at the top along with a little bird toting a banner with the word "the". This was my little touch of whimsy. 

Using a yellow-orange Faber-Castell PITT Brush pen, I filled in the letters right over the pencil {next time I will erase them a bit so they aren't so dark} and added sparkly accents with my Sakura of America Gelly Roll® Stardust® Hologram pen. In the bottom I filled in the sun with some decorative doodling and added "...and it's alright" with black PITT pen. The bird and banner got a touch of black pen as well to give them a little "POP".


I think this card is just the sunshine I need to brighten
another stormy day ahead here in the tropics. :) Sb

+ + + + + + +

You can play along too - visit ICAD for all the details!

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous and a perfect tribute to the Beatles, although I like the buggy idea too! I think the sketch lines on the lettering has a rather nice effect!

    ReplyDelete

throwing some paint at me...

"Art must be indescribable and inimitable..." – Pierre Auguste Renoir

Please Observe the Fine Print...

All Photos & Designs displayed on this blog are copyright ©2007-2018 Susan M. Brown/sbartist or the artist or company credited in the post. Please do not use images or designs without written permission...message all requests to sbartist1107 at yahoo {dot} com. Thank You & Think GREEN : )