Translate

sbartist : painting in the dark Headline Animator

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

HELLO... My Name is Snoozin' and I {heart} Purple Paint for #ICAD2014 Day No. 3

My completed card for ICAD 2014 Day No. 3
"HELLO... My Name IS" Susan and I <3 Purple Paint!


Not too much special going on for today's card... except for some good old fashioned finger painting inspired by this sepia photo. This is a photo of me at age two after I had painted myself with a freshly frosted Chocolate cake... I was only left alone for a minute. I think this is when I learned to paint – even at this very young age {and I'm still not that fond of chocolate cake either}. Snoozin' is my nickname because napping is one of my favorite things to do - anytime, anywhere!

Using my favorite tools {my fingers}, I smudged some metallic purple paint all around my blank index card, and on my photo and a recycled name badge sticker from an Etsy Craft Party attended a while back. I finished off with tracing the word HELLO using an old-school alphabet stencil with a big white Faber-Castell PITT pen and outlining with a Black PITT pen. Quick and easy and done before work. Everyday is off to a great start with purple painted digits! :) Sb

+ + + + + + +

You can play along too - visit ICAD for all the details!

1 comment:

throwing some paint at me...

"Art must be indescribable and inimitable..." – Pierre Auguste Renoir

Please Observe the Fine Print...

All Photos & Designs displayed on this blog are copyright ©2007-2018 Susan M. Brown/sbartist or the artist or company credited in the post. Please do not use images or designs without written permission...message all requests to sbartist1107 at yahoo {dot} com. Thank You & Think GREEN : )