Translate

sbartist : painting in the dark Headline Animator

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Paper Woven Horses... #ICAD2014 Day No. 19 - Orange

Hello friends! I'm playing a little catchup with some of my cards. I had some other creative projects that I needed to work on that took up my daily creative time {and I have been taking some creative time daily}. I have been really inspired by everyone's One-Staple Collages so I started out with this card for the day 19 prompt "ORANGE" to try one.


I have all sorts of bits of this and that saved for collage and cardmaking, some of which being these orange patterned paper scraps {I think are from QuickQuotes}. I had plenty of them to make a woven paper background, but due to the small footprint of my index card, it was a little flimsy... so I needed something to hold my woven paper strip background together so I used some orange patterned washi tape to tack the loose edges down.


Then I pulled out some more orange things in the scrap bag: some off-cut pieces of American Crafts Ribbon; a bread bag tag; tie and tag from dry cleaning; fluorescent orange mini envelope; more washi tape; foil seal from a San Pellegrino Orange Seltzer; and the feature – a horse torn from a notepad at work. All tacked down with a few mini glue dots. Pretty close to one staple... I will try again!  :) Sb

+ + + + + + +

You can play along too - visit ICAD for all the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

throwing some paint at me...

"Art must be indescribable and inimitable..." – Pierre Auguste Renoir

Please Observe the Fine Print...

All Photos & Designs displayed on this blog are copyright ©2007-2018 Susan M. Brown/sbartist or the artist or company credited in the post. Please do not use images or designs without written permission...message all requests to sbartist1107 at yahoo {dot} com. Thank You & Think GREEN : )